Fruits & vegetables are the best, a lot of us do not take enough fruits and vegetables on a regular basis. Most people just remember it when they are on a diet or for those of us that are fruit lovers! we take it as often as we can. Nonetheless, how much do we know about some of these fruits and vegetables we consume?
Here are 10 ‘Facts about fruits & vegetables’! I bet you’ll be as surprised as I was!
- Did you know that cutting onions releases a gas that irritates the eyes and the body produces tears to remove it?
- Did you know that Lemon contains more sugar than strawberries?
- Did you know that the only fruit that has its seed on the outer skin is strawberry?
- Did you know that cucumber contains 96% water? Next time you’re feeling dehydrated and don’t feel like drinking water, try snacking on a cucumber 😉
- Did you know that the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked or in any form but fresh is Lettuce?
- Did you know that if you put lemon and lime in water, lime would sink and lemon would float?
- Did you know that the hottest part of chili pepper is not the seeds but the flesh?
- Did you know Honey is the only edible food that never goes bad?
- Did you know unless food is mixed with saliva you can’t taste it?😂
- Did you know that world fruit day is July 1st and the motto is flirt with fruit?💃
Fruits and vegetables are healthy and it is important that taking them should be a part of our daily meals. It is also very essential for those who have decided to start their weight loss journey. Too much of everything is not good meaning taking too much of fruits and vegetables can have its disadvantage. So moderation is key.
Remember to leave a comment, like and share. Good luck on your weight loss journey!!